Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Advanced barbarians / neutral cities

Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Advanced barbarians / neutral cities
From: "Masheikh" <Masheikh@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 23:57:24 +0100

On 08.03.00 at 13:22 Lalo Martins wrote:

>On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 01:23:53AM -0500, Mark Wagner wrote:
>>
>> Also, in the real world, there were two major barbarian
>> uprisings that conquered most of the known world: Alexander the Great's
>> armies, and Ghengis Khan's hordes.  Both of them appeared out of nowhere and
>> over the course of a decade or two proceeded to sweep over enormous areas
>> defeating everyone in their way, stopping only with the death of their
>> leaders.
>
>"Death of their leaders" sounds like a cool concept. So, these
>"super-barbarians" would lose their "power" after a few turns.
>Hmmm.
>
>[]s,
>                                               |alo
>                                               +----
>--
>      I am Lalo of deB-org. You will be freed.
>                 Resistance is futile.
>
>http://www.webcom.com/lalo      mailto:lalo@xxxxxxxxxx
>                 pgp key in the web page
>
>Debian GNU/Linux       --        http://www.debian.org

i think it would not be any fun at all to reconquere lets say 5 cities wich
have been conquered by barbarians 4 turns ago who now became lazy llamers. but
what do you think about the idea that in the case a nations capital has been
captured by an regular enemy  (not an barbarians they wont overtake an empire
that easy) the death of the king or something like that is declared and half of
the ramaining cities become barbarians and the player who has lost his capital
has to manage only 1/2 of his former country ;-). this would rise the
importance of the capital.

c ya
Masheikh