Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: FreeCiv FAQ question suggestion

To: LucFrench@xxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: FreeCiv FAQ question suggestion
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:52:45 +0000 (GMT)

> What I mean by this is that this should be explicitly spelled out, along with
> the whys and hows, either in the FAQ, or in an easy to find spot on the site.

Reinier will add a new entry in the FAQ concerning your question.

> I'd be especially interested in knowing what the capacities of the "rule"
> files are; can you achieve Civ2-like Scenarios with events that happen if a
> city is captured, on a particular turn, etc.?

The main difficulty here is that amonst us lot of people hasn't played
civ2. If you have some time, read the freeciv manual.
http://www.freeciv.org/manual/manual.html
or download it via ftp
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/contrib/manual/manual-1.8.0-2.tar.bz2 (1 Mo)
If you can write a text, listing the missing features of freeciv vs civ2
and vs the civ2 scenarios,
it will be very usefull. We can't add something if we aren't aware of it.
You can write it in pure text as Martin now knows php3.

> Hey, another FAQ might be "How different is FreeCiv from Civ2? Alpha
> Centauri?" etc.

I've got the same answers for these questions.

a+