[Freeciv-Dev] PATCH: remove of obsolete spaces from options.c

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] PATCH: remove of obsolete spaces from options.c
From: Dirk Stoecker <stoecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 15:20:18 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

this patch removes obsolete spaces at string end from client/options.c.

Why?
- The clients do not need them, as their alignment does not rely on equal
  string length.
- It does not work correctly yet, as most of the translations do not
  handle it correctly.
- It is ugly and disturbing and wastes space.

The german translator also would like to get them disappear, so I made the
patch.

2 Patch-files:
 - first the patch for source-code file client/options.c
 - second a patch for first 4 po-files (de.po, en_GB.po, es.po, fr.po)

I will add the missing po-patches if the patch gets accepted (No need to
do that much work if somebody throws it away for any reason).

I tested it with GTK and MUI client. According to german translator there
should be no problems with XAW client as well. Don't think other clients will
have problems, as this would have been detected by incorrect translations
sometime before.

Example of changes:
-  GEN_OPTION(auto_center_on_unit,      N_("Auto Center on Units       "),
COT_BOOL),
-  GEN_OPTION(auto_center_on_combat,    N_("Auto Center on Combat      "),
COT_BOOL),
-  GEN_OPTION(wakeup_focus,             N_("Focus on Awakened Units    "),
COT_BOOL),
+  GEN_OPTION(auto_center_on_unit,      N_("Auto Center on Units"), COT_BOOL),
+  GEN_OPTION(auto_center_on_combat,    N_("Auto Center on Combat"), COT_BOOL),
+  GEN_OPTION(wakeup_focus,             N_("Focus on Awakened Units"),
COT_BOOL),

and

-  N_("Low Funds                "),     /* E_LOW_ON_FUNDS */
-  N_("Pollution                "),
-  N_("Global Eco-Disaster      "),     /* E_GLOBAL_ECO */
+  N_("Low Funds"),                   /* E_LOW_ON_FUNDS */
+  N_("Pollution"),                   /* E_POLLUTION */
+  N_("Global Eco-Disaster"),         /* E_GLOBAL_ECO */

Well I also added the missing E_xxx comments.

Ciao
|    |  |  |    |  | \  / |  |    | the cool Gremlin from Bischofswerda
|  __   |   ____|  |  \/  |  |    | WWW: http://home.pages.de/~stoecker/
|    |  |  |       |      |  |    | PGP key available on www page.
|____| _|_ |____| _|_    _|_ |____| I hope AMIGA never ends to make fun!

* snail-mail: Dirk Stoecker              * e-mail:                     *
*             Geschwister-Scholl-Str. 10 * stoecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx     *
*             01877 Bischofswerda        * phone:                      *
*             GERMANY                    * GERMANY +49 (0)3594/706666  *