[Freeciv-Dev] String length of client/options.c

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] String length of client/options.c
From: Dirk Stoecker <stoecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 13:36:15 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I recently portet the Amiga client (gui-mui) to NLS and discovered a little
string problem: In client/options the client and message options have padding
spaces to reach a certain length:

  N_("Improvement Built        "),
                       ^^^^^^^^

The clients (including current MUI client) do not need that at all, as they
always use left justified strings. And the translations do not correctly
justify the strings (I checked about 5 of them [de, ja, hu, ru, fr]).

So these spaces are obsolete and disturbing.

My suggestion: Remove all the finishing spaces in strings of
client/options.c. This will need to change that file and also all the
translations, but is not much work at all.

But afterwards the localization of this part is much cleaner.

Ciao
|    |  |  |    |  | \  / |  |    | the cool Gremlin from Bischofswerda
|  __   |   ____|  |  \/  |  |    | WWW: http://home.pages.de/~stoecker/
|    |  |  |       |      |  |    | PGP key available on www page.
|____| _|_ |____| _|_    _|_ |____| I hope AMIGA never ends to make fun!

* snail-mail: Dirk Stoecker              * e-mail:                     *
*             Geschwister-Scholl-Str. 10 * stoecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx     *
*             01877 Bischofswerda        * phone:                      *
*             GERMANY                    * GERMANY +49 (0)3594/706666  *