Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15446) undesirable rulers

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15446) undesirable rulers
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasco.costa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:42:56 -0800

On 2/15/06, Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 09:53:17AM -0800, Jason Short wrote:
> >
> > Well, as to that, Linus Torvalds is not a ruler of the Finnish and he
> > should be removed.  He can be added to a fictional ruleset - the
> > Antarticans are already ruled by the Linux Penguin and we can send him
> > down there to join Tux.
>
> I agree that Torvalds should be removed for that reason, but he shouldn't
> be in the Antarctic ruleset either. Leaders of Antarctica should be explorers
> or others who figure prominently in Antarctic history.

We could have a totally fictional nation. It could be called the Hacker nation.
The leaders could be:

Male: Linus Torvalds, Richard Stallman, Dennis Ritchie, Ken Thompson,
Robert Pike, Donald Knuth.

Female: Ada Lovelace, Grace Murray Hopper, Jean Sammet, Barbara Liskov.

The cities could be: Core Dump (Capital), Segmentation Fault, Stack Overflow,
Bus Error, Divide by Zero, Buffer Underrun, Buffer Overrun,
NullPointerException,
Macro, Assembler, Interpreter, Compiler, Kernel, Shell, Editor, Word
Processor, etc.

--
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa