Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Wanting to help

To: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jérôme Plût <Jerome.Plut@xxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Wanting to help
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:46:53 -0500

Per Inge Mathisen wrote:

- allowing stack moves and stack combat (as in CTP),

I see no reason for this. I cannot think of any sane way to implement
stack combat. Some kind of bodyguard stack moves might be of interest,
though.

I think we should have a starcraft-like movement system rather than a CTP/MoM-like one. The battlegroups patch works toward this.

Do you have any ideas of what else could be of any help?

Jason has a patch for MoM-like terrain outputs (tiles give % bonuses to
outputs instead of outputs when worked). Hopefully it will go in soon.

Of course, to make MoM emulation, we will need MoM-like graphics.

Numerous changes will be needed for city output to work. Many of these changes are already in the development version; others are works in progress.

Without magical spells, however, I think any MoM emulation would be rather shallow.

-jason