Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13621) AI bug (savegame)

To: himasaram@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13621) AI bug (savegame)
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:15:31 -0700

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Daniel Markstedt wrote:
>
>>>But that's not a bug, that's the intended behavior...
>

>>I was annoyed at the fact that signing a peace treaty didn't have
>>instant effect on the settler-invasion of my land. If this patch
>>addresses this behaviour I think it's a change for the better.
>

> It does not. You need to stop the settler from making a city later in the
> code path in order to fix this. I do not care if the above patch is
> applied too, though.

I don't think the AI should respect borders for city-founding when
there's no treaty.

Sounds like the bug is that settlers already in route to found a city
will still continue on.  To solve this that same check needs to be done
when the settler is moved not just when its target is chosen.  Note that
changing borders can cause this issue as well.

-jason