Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13018) Voting about endgame

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13018) Voting about endgame
From: "joona.kiiski@xxxxxx" <joona.kiiski@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 17:01:00 -0700

Now in two games I've played in pubservers there has been problems with
endgame.

Voting is a great idea when deciding about timeout for example. But when it
comes about ending the whole game there are few problems.

Followed happening: It was about 20AD, lots of unit management, one player
thought that game was clear and wrote '/endgame'. But because there are so
much unit management other players didn't notice that endgame was coming
until it was too late and game ended with few angry people.

Also followed happening: There were two players allied against one, they
thought that game was clear and the other vote '/endgame' and other voted
for it. Game ended immediately. Of course the lonely fighter wasn't very
happy.

So, I don't think that democratic use '/endgame' or '/endyear' is at all
fair. So I suggest that you would need ALL alive players to vote for it
before it gets accepted, just like you need everyone to be ready before
game can start.

Just practical suggestion.
--
Joona Kiiski <joona.kiiski@xxxxxx>