Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12906) RFC: rethinking "celebration" city growth

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12906) RFC: rethinking "celebration" city growth
From: "(Eddie Anderson)" <saywhat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:58:29 -0700

"Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Too complicated, IMHO.

    Yes, the complexity is an obstacle.  I'm hoping that someone may
be able to distill a simpler mechanism from the idea.

> I would rather just remove rapture growth (for the
>reasons stated, among others), and give celebration under Democracy and
>Republic another bonus instead.

    Amen.  How about making the celebration bonus this:

    During celebration in a Democracy or Republic, every tile that
is producing trade increases its trade arrows output by 50%.

>I find rapture growth to be a very cheesy and unbelievable game mechanic.
>Make people rich and happy and then they pop out more kids? The contrary
>seems to be true. Population growth drops sharply with increase affluence.

    Agreed.

-Eddie