Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12621) gtk2: file selector doesn't handle non-ascii fi

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12621) gtk2: file selector doesn't handle non-ascii file names
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:06:46 -0800

For some unknown reason I have a file in my home dir with a (garbage)
non-ascii file name.  Whenever I browse to the home dir with the file
selector I get this message:

Gtk-Message: The filename "\310\367\377\277\306=N@\003" couldn't be
converted to UTF-8 (try setting the environment variable
G_FILENAME_ENCODING): Invalid byte sequence in conversion input

This is in 2.0 and the dev version.

-jason