Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12325) Bug report from Beta 7

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12325) Bug report from Beta 7
From: "Simone" <stanelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:39:37 -0800

Hi Guys,

while testing your beta 7 I have encountered a fatal bug.
After a bit of trial and error I found what I called the "bankrupt
crash" bug:
One AI had  lost its palace and was losing money pretty quickly.
Upon complete exhaustion of its funds (i.e., when the poor thing run out
of money) the game crashed.
I'm pretty sure nothing else was the cause of the crash.

Note: I am playing with heavily modified rulesets, where also units
require gold upkeep.
I don't think this has anything to do with the crash itself, but it
might explain why the AI let itself go bankrupt.

A minor bug:
It appears that money exchange in the diplomatic window is not working.

Congratulations to everybody for this version 2. It's a major
improvement with respect to the previous one!
In particular, thankyou for implementing the almost fully customizable
rulesets, the concept of border and the concept of unsafe terrain ( I
have extended that to the desert hexes with interesting consequences on
gameplay).
Simone