Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11887) CivServer SIGINT Handler Patch

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11887) CivServer SIGINT Handler Patch
From: "dl@xxxxxxxxx" <dl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:06:39 -0800

Saving would be better for sure! I could also imagine kind of a prompt asking
if you really want to exit, then save and exit. If that would be implemented,
the time thing can get forgotten...

About rebooting: I couldn't find any signal handlers in the whole server
application (I didn't have time to look at the client app..), and I'm also
not sure how Windows handles signals, but I would be willing to add this
signal handling code to the server (at least for all *NIX systems). So what
do you think about it?

Another thing: are you able to create a bug tracking account for me, because
I don't like to post messages as guest, and email sucks a bit for this purpose.
Would be great ;-)

David

Jason Short wrote:

>I think instead of refusing to exit, the server should instead save the

>game and exit.  This should also work so that if the user reboots the
>machine, the game is saved before the server closes.  There was a patch

>for this many years ago (probably in the freeciv-dev archives now), but

>I guess it never got anywhere.
>
>Also, if we're going to measure time we should use the code in timer.c.

>  Using time() isn't very accurate.
>
>-jason

linux is a game, not a shame