Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11703) help dialog crash in win

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11703) help dialog crash in win
From: "superfly" <superfli@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:12:26 -0800

Sorry... haven't checked my email for a while... yes it's the win32
client...and yes, I did make a mistake analyzing it.

I've actually determined that it's when the help for the nuclear unit
is displayed. I couldn't find anything wrong with the fields for the
unit, but it's always the nuke unit. Haven't built one though... The
newest beta contains the same data for it, as far as I can tell. I've
included the definition of nuclear units that's in the ruleset, just
in case I've overlooked something. Let me know if you need the rest of
the files, as I have been customizing the rulesets, and haven't used
the help browser under the default ruleset.

Jeff

[unit_nuclear]
name          = _("Nuclear")
move_type     = "Air"
tech_req      = "Rocketry"
obsolete_by   = "None"
graphic       = "u.nuclear"
graphic_alt   = "-"
sound_move    = "m_nuclear"
sound_move_alt = "m_generic"
sound_fight   = "f_nuclear"
sound_fight_alt = "f_generic"
build_cost    = 160
pop_cost      = 0
attack        = 99
defense       = 0
hitpoints     = 10
firepower     = 1
move_rate     = 16
vision_range  = 1
transport_cap = 0
fuel          = 1
uk_happy      = 1
uk_shield     = 1
uk_food       = 0
uk_gold       = 0
flags         = "FieldUnit", "OneAttack", "Missile", "Nuclear"
roles         = ""
helptext      = _("\
You can build Nuclear units when you have the required advance, and\
 the Manhattan Project wonder has been built by any player.\
\n\n\
On impact, the blast will destroy any unit in a 3x3-square area,\
 including friendly units.  When striking a city, the city size is\
 halved, and the surrounding squares are subject to nuclear fallout.\
\n\n\
TIP 1:  Nuking the ocean will not generate fallout, and is a most\
 effective (but expensive!!) way of getting rid of enemy\
 ships.\
\n\n\
TIP 2:  You may be involved in a situation where you've invaded an\
 enemy country en masse, but the enemy cities are too strong.\
 Before using a Nuclear unit, assemble a gang of Settlers\
 and/or Engineers next to the city and have them ready to fix\
 the fallout on the same turn it occurs!  This minimizes the\
 chance of nuclear winter.  Eco-friendly nukes!\
")

--
Superfly
(jeff)