Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11648) GTK Client 1.14.2 malloc crash

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11648) GTK Client 1.14.2 malloc crash
From: "Yannick Warnier" <ywarnier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:30:13 -0800

Hi there,

I'm not subscribed to this list (?) so for any answer, please use my
e-mail address in copy.

I am having a bug on a 200x100 map with 25 players (most of them AI)
which tells me the following when I try to start the client.

0: Out of memory trying to malloc 150745119 bytes at line 225
of ../../client/attribute.c.

After a quick chat on IRC I was told this could be related to the CMA
use. I happen to have now probably around 60-80 cities (I cannot check
as I can't connect) which are almost all using the "celebrate" option to
allow them to grow freely under Democracy.

I have made a save available at http://picrate.dyndns.org/code/civgame
+1767m.sav.gz (around 700KB). The user you should connect as has login
"yannoo". The crash is instantaneous on Linux as on Windows (don't know
for the client version under Windows though).

I hope this helps you solve the problem. Now I'm stuck with my enormous
civilisation, so I hope other players will kill my units and take my
cities soon so I can play again :-)

Have a nice... what might be.

Yannick