Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11631) Wonder bugs or not

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11631) Wonder bugs or not
From: "Simon J Hand" <ego_mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 05:49:35 -0800

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Dear Freeciv Developers,

I posted this on the general forum, but it was suggested I send it to
here anyway.

Have just started playing with the beta5. and am already seeing some
improvements. However I haven't got far yet so the two points below
refer to my gameplay in the Beta4. If they have already been fixed, or
are not even bugs at all, sorry to have bothered you

Leonardo's Workshop - when a veteran unit is upgraded it loses its
veteran status. I don't recall that happening in the old version and
when you buy an upgrade in b4 the unit keeps its veteran status. That's
seems a tad unfair if I've gone to all the trouble to build the wonder
in the first place.

Update: EdNotOver said on the forum that his 1.14 Leonardo's Workshop
does the same thing. But that doesn't mean it's not a bug.

Great Library - When it acquires a technology the bulb count is reset to
almost zero in the science menu. This is a real pain in the ass and,
again, I don't remember it from the older version. Took me twenty-plus
turns to research Economics in the last game, when my research speed
should have had it done in seven. But the damned library kept picking up
a bunch of techs I didn't need (yet) and resetting the science count -
twice when I was just one turn from acquiring what I really wanted

I note that I can now access the game option on the beta5. Couldn't do
that on b4, so that's a great improvement and may solve this second
thing.

Let me know how it goes.

Have Fun,
EgoJunkie

dangerous content by Internet KSC. MailScanner,
and is believed to be clean.

[...]

---