Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9321) pubserver rankings are based on player name

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9321) pubserver rankings are based on player name not username
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 06:24:51 -0700

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 04:45:34AM -0700, Horn G??bor wrote:

> Is there anything else that uses the gamelog than the ranking and
> gamelog2html scripts on teh pubserver? I mean does either the game's
> client or server part ever uses it for something? If not, and it's only

As far as I know and anybody feel free to jump in, the pubserver uses it in
only these scripts. (a grep in ~/freeciv/bin anyway) As far as anything
else, It is a gamelog, so I think we want it to be human parsable for the
most part if not human readable.

> needed for such postprocessing things, i'd like to aks if it'd possible
> to extend it, mainly the diplomatic actions would be really nice to log.

Possibly. Tell me what actions you want, and in what sort of format.

> And if we can alter it freely maybe it would be possible to change the
> format eg to xml? I know that might be a bigger work now, but might
> result in better quality reports on the game in long term. It's more a
> question from me now than a suggestion :)

We can do whatever we want. If you want me to write it though, I'm going to
need a lot of help: a clear specification for starters. And I won't be
doing any of the script work. This also needs to be done in the very near
term.

-mike