Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9561) bugs in settler activities

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9561) bugs in settler activities
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:28:34 -0700

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Jason Short wrote:
>
>>2. A second bug is in the considering of making a road plus a rail in
>>settlers.c. There is a can_rr variable that is used to see if the
>>settler can make a railroad. But it's not used to see if the settler
>>can make a road plus a railroad. The fix is easy.
>

> Should there be a similar check for farmland?

It's hard to tell.  I'm not actually sure that the original check for RR
is needed (though it's probably faster to shortcut past calculating the
goodness of something we can't build).  Nor do I know why farmland is
done via ACTIVITY_IRRIGATE but railroad gets its own ACTIVITY_RAILROAD.
  It doesn't look like there's any place a farmland check would go...

jason