Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9509) Unknown area drawing problem

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9509) Unknown area drawing problem
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:40:58 -0700

> [mstefek@xxxxxxxxx - Mon Jul 26 14:40:44 2004]:
>
> Take a look at the attached image.
> It's newest CVS and trident tileset.

I can't reproduce this, but looking at the code I can see why it
happens.  Darkness is always drawn on top of the first layer (between
first and second layers of terrain); this causes it to show behind the
3d terrain in isotrident.  But in trident the second layer is still 2d
so the darkness needs to be drawn on top of it.

Ironically, it is rather hard to fix.

jason