Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8890) Removal of free city center

To: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8890) Removal of free city center
From: "Per Inge Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:18:37 -0700

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Mike Jing wrote:
> there seems to be a bug with auto-irrigation of the city center. It seems
> the center tile is auto-irrigated as it shows increased food production,
> but tile info shows no irrigation on that tile. You can still irrigate it
> with a worker or settler, but it has no further effect on food
> production.

I will not argue whether this is a good feature or not, but this effect is
apparently quite intentional from the way it is coded. You do not get an
irrigation on the tile where you found the city, you get an irrigation
bonus _as if_ you had irrigation there.

From the way I remember it from Civ2, this was different, because when you
destroyed cities, I think they left behind patches of irrigation.

  - Per