Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8624) New clima function to best handle terrain place,

To: mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8624) New clima function to best handle terrain place, used to place poles.
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 12:34:26 -0700

> [mburda - Sat May 29 08:41:00 2004]:

> i am changed the separate poles concept to preserve hmap at poles. this
> alow to make terrains in a more normal way

Now this patch is getting too complicated.  It makes it harder for us to
agree on everything, when it all has to be in one patch.  Maybe you
should just split it up into several patches?

Some things I don't agree with (or that should be separate patches):

- Why are specials more likely in the ocean?  Quite a bit more likely too...

- Why do you pass a minval to adjust_map even though it no longer needs
one?  (adjust_map should take a "void" argument if you don't want it to
have arguments.)  Fixing adjust_map looks like a good idea but I don't
think it needs to be a part of this patch (maybe it should be done first).

- I'm not sure that the textures parameter to make_polar is needed
either.  Yes it's nice to have textured poles.  But what does that have
to do with climate?

jason