[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7338) [RfP] Ocean numbers.

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7338) [RfP] Ocean numbers.
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:11:18 -0800

Request for patch:   Ocean numbers
------------------

For some time I was convinced that there are no inland lakes in the
Freeciv-generated maps.  However, I recently saw an example to the
contrary, a small inland lake.  A stark example to the contrary is
provided by Jason's savegame in this thread.

Unfortunately, some of the AI code assumes that a boat can get to any body
of water.  Of course such things can be tested by PF every time the
question arises, but it is much faster to do it once (almost) and to
calculate and assign ocean numbers.  Positive numbers are reserved for the land
continent, so we can use negative ones.  "Diagonally" connected oceans
must have the same number -- since the boat can go diagonally.

G.