[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Betr: (PR#6932) Re: Re: Artistic polish

To: a-l@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Betr: (PR#6932) Re: Re: Artistic polish
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 03:56:31 -0800

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > > Yes this may happen but for this case there is Plan B. We don't
> > > distribute the graphics but each user downloads it separately.
> >
> > Excuse me? Who are you going to ask/encourage to break the law to host
> > this download?
>
> No. s/downloads it separately/downloads it separately from whatever
> place the author provides the graphics/.

So rather than risk your own neck, you would rather risk someone else's?
How nice.

Please realize that these copyright violations are ignored by the game's
publisher only because it only benefits them to do so. The moment it
starts benefitting a competitor, expect them to go after whoever hosts
these files - whether they aid us knowingly or not.

  - Per