[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6199) huge AI ferry cleanup

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6199) huge AI ferry cleanup
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 06:49:39 -0700

Unfortunately, this patch makes the AI a little bit slower. I ran three
turns of a big savegame with old and new AI.

Old AI: 0m6.530s
New AI: 0m9.860s

Although this might seem bad (50% worse), it must be expected that to
begin with, the transformation into pf code will make it slower. Once the
code is manageable, we can make it smarter, to avoid doing its
computations over and over again needlessly.

   - Per