[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5440) wishlist: moveable tech penalty(ies)

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5440) wishlist: moveable tech penalty(ies)
From: "John Wheeler" <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:02:17 -0700

--- Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But these flags apply globally rather than just to
> the player who owns
> the tech, right?  So there's no reason you wouldn't
> still want to get
> Republic first.

Whoops, I didn't explain myself properly.  No, these
flags would apply only to the techs known by the
player.  So, if you aim directly for Chivalry, you
only have one retarding tech (Alphabet), but if you
learn The Republic first, you have several more.

(I envision a single variable per nation that counts
the number of lightbulb-needed-increasing techs known;
as each new tech is learned, it's checked for the
flag, and if present, the counter gets incremented.)

If you wanted to go for historical accuracy, you might
want to put the flags on all the religious techs, too
;-) seriously, though, happy buildings and wonders
also allow more trade to be devoted to lightbulbs.

++JohnWheeler