Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3736) Pregame player list

To: andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3736) Pregame player list
From: "ChrisK@xxxxxxxx" <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 07:16:25 -0700

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 06:45:26AM -0700, andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >I still think the use of the player dialog would give us some advantages:
> >
> >- People are used to it.
> >- Design is nice
> >- Shows Ping times
> >- Shows player names
> >- Shows flags
> >
> >Christian
>
> In pregame, connections are not assosiated with players,
> so they don't have nation, flag, playername yet.

This is the server for Freeciv version 1.14.1-devel
You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org/
2: Now accepting new client connections.

For introductory help, type 'help'.

2: Connection request from chris from localhost
2: c2 has client version 1.14.1-devel
2: chris has connected from localhost.
> list
List of players:
Recaredo I (user chris, Human, nation Spanish) 1 connection:
  chris from localhost (command access level ctrl), bufsize=40kb
Hywel Dda (user peter, AI, difficulty level hard, nation Welsh)
Juscelino Kubitscheck (user Server AI, AI, difficulty level hard, nation
Brazilians)
Ardashir (user Server AI, AI, Dead, difficulty level hard, nation Persians)
Theodoric (user Barbarians, Barbarian, difficulty level hard, nation
Barbarians)
Alaric (user Barbarians, Barbarian, difficulty level hard, nation
Barbarians)
Arthur (user Server AI, AI, difficulty level hard, nation Cornish)

The /take command also works in pregame.

You could enhence the player dialog with a column for the user name.

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/