Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3689) server/settler.c

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3689) server/settler.c
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:39:56 -0800

Hi,

after i found the routine which is responsible for the bad cityplacement
from the AI here some thought on it.

static int city_desirability(struct player *pplayer, int x, int y)

Why don't we create a "warmap" for cityplaces? There are so many
comments like "save CPU" in that function that i think it could be
helpful to do it so.

static int evaluate_city_building(struct unit *punit,
                                  int *gx, int *gy,
                                  struct unit **ferryboat)

Why do we only look at the next 11 squares? With boats we can do up to
~90 fields distance with an engineer in 11 rounds.

In general AI isn't able to grow the same rate as a human player because
its not building enough cities (and when building them on the wrong
places)... so the calculation for the benefit from a new city may be
calculated wrong.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wenn Du nicht programmieren kannst und Dir für Arbeit zu schade bist: