[Freeciv-Dev] Re: civ3 graphics system

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: civ3 graphics system
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze49r5w@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 05:55:19 -0500

bursig@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I attach patch that implement irrigation/farmland style. ( and make some other
clean )

Nice work on the hills/mountains part. The irrigation bit is probably ahead of its time (and I think will break old tilesets unnecessarily).

Question: how do forests and jungle work in civ3? I see all sorts of sprites for grassland-forests, plains-forests, mountain-forests, tundra-forests, etc. But the sprites themselves I do not understand (for instance grassland-forests).

Am I correct in believing "forest" and "jungle" are no longer a real terrain type, but more of a special?

Other questions:

- Can anyone confirm that there is no arctic terrain in civ3? (Note arctic is different from tundra.)

- Can anyone confirm that, in fact, the map generator does ensure no more than 3 different terrain types can border each other at a corner?

- Assume the above is true, is it then impossible to transform terrain so as to violate the terrain restriction?

jason