Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: submarines revisited

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: submarines revisited
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:37:22 +0000 (GMT)

I've discussed the previously suggested changes on irc, and it was still
being claimed the sub would be useless. I can't have that, so here is a
new version. If this one isn't useful, nothing is.

If you wish to playtest these changes, apply attached diff.

 [unit_submarine]
 name          = _("Submarine")
 move_type     = "Sea"
-tech_req      = "Combustion"
+tech_req      = "Steel"
 obsolete_by   = "None"
 graphic       = "u.submarine"
 graphic_alt   = "-"
 sound_move_alt = "m_generic"
 sound_fight   = "f_submarine"
 sound_fight_alt = "f_generic"
-build_cost    = 60
+build_cost    = 50
 pop_cost      = 0
-attack        = 10
+attack        = 15
 defense       = 2
 hitpoints     = 30
 firepower     = 2
-move_rate     = 3
+move_rate     = 5
 vision_range  = 2
 transport_cap = 8
 fuel          = 0
 uk_happy      = 1
-uk_shield     = 1
+uk_shield     = 0
 uk_food       = 0
 uk_gold       = 0
 flags         = "Partial_Invis",
                 "Missile_Carrier", "No_Land_Attack"

Yours
Per

"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra