Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Assertion failed in latest CVS

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Assertion failed in latest CVS
From: "Pieter J. Kersten" <kersten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:08:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Pieter J. Kersten wrote:
> > > civserver: unittype.c:85: get_unit_type: Assertion `id >= 0 && id < 200 &&
> > > id < game.num_unit_types' failed.
> > >
> > > It is consistently. I can't play beyond a few first hops around.
>
> I believe I have nailed the bugs, and since it is so bad, I have already
> uploaded the fix to cvs (changes attached as patch anyway). They only
> appear when using autoexplorers as a human player, and since I never do, I
> never encountered it.
>
> One of the bugs were caused by my patch, but the one you found is an
> ancient one, that for some strange reason only started going off now.
>
> Please check if you can still reproduce the bug. I can't.

It's gotten worse. I can't even start a game any more. I'm using a script
to start, see below. Failed assertion is the same.

set gen 5
set bar 1
set fog 0
set aif 6
set max 6
set huts 100
set xsize 100
set ysize 100
normal
cmdlevel hack first
set saveturns 0

I can't respond for the next two weeks; I'm leaving for a vacation. I hope
I got you pointed in the right direction though.

TIA,
--
Pieter J. Kersten