[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sound fix

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sound fix
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:17:18 +0200

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 09:57:44PM +0200, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> > This sound patch enables using the client without having a sound pack
> > installed. It also fixes a bug where non-linux clients would crash because
> > their printf do not support NULL as a string argument.
>
> Alas, wrong patch attached. Please use this one instead.

And here is a fix for the fix. Changes:
 - changes wrt NULL
 - give more info to the user
 - changes logic in audio_play_tag so that audio_none.c:play is also
 called for disabled sound.
 - change name of tag2 to pretty_alt_tag
 - call section_file_free only conditional
 - remove audio_off, use "tagfile == NULL" instead.
 - change the term "sound pack" to "sound set" to be consistent witht
 he readme

ftp admin: can we create the mentioned
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/sounds/sets directory? Can
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/stdsounds1.tar.gz be moved into
this dir?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "The BeOS takes the best features from the major operating systems.