[Freeciv-Dev] a request from a sometime freeciv user/player

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] a request from a sometime freeciv user/player
From: "John Buell" <dadaist@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 22:12:46 -0500

Despite the poll results, PLEASE don't do div3 anytime soon, unless it's an
option that can be turned on and off. I've played a couple of games of it
and I can't stand it. They've overly complicated it and made it a mess.
Combat's impossible to win IMHO. It seems like they took all these new win
options and made it so that peace is the only way you don't get your ass
whipped by the AI. Besides that, they're continually doing rules patches
(another was released just over this weekend), so it's probably not the most
stable thing to try to add to freeciv at the moment.
Thing I'd like to see, and as I'm trying to learn OS X programming I'll help
if I can, and that's a native aqua rendition of the freeciv client. Keep up
the good work.

-John