Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog

To: aliaga <aliaga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:06:27 +0000 (GMT)

This discussion pretty idiotic, so I feel I can contribute.
Just like to point out some historical inaccuracies:

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, aliaga wrote:

> At 28-02-02 07:33 -0800, Raahul wrote:
> >Let me explain my motivations. As I said before, I want distinct civs like
> >in Civ 3. Each civ should have its own advantages, and that is simply not
> >compatible with 100 civs. Therefore, the list should be pruned.
>
> >Lithuania? Where the hell is it on the map?

It might be small now but there was time when it (together with Poland)
dominated whole of Ukraine, Belorussia (you can very well see them on the
map, can't you?) and big part of what is modern Germany.

Every country has its own claim to fame, and if it's not very prominent,
than FreeCiv gives the players from this country an opportunity to boost
their ego.  That's why I play Scots now ;)

> >Indians, ;-). African elephants cannot be tamed. All war elephants are
> >asian elephants. Indians were also the first with the battlefield use of

Excuse me.  What did Hannibal have in his army then?  Shetland ponies?

But I wish you could stop revising history and give me the buggy savegame.

G.