[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Status of patches

Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Status of patches
From: vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:39:24 -0500

Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

1048: obsolete according to Jason

That's incorrect.  Term ends this week; I anticipate completing this
shortly thereafter, and it is not obsolete.

It is obsoleted by general-topologies. However, general-topologies isn't in CVS and you can certainly get this change in before it is. I have no objections.

1063: +Q0

Another macro is gratuitios.  I prefer square_dxy_iterate(); this has
other uses (as manifested in my tree).

square_xy_iterate would be nice too. circle_iterate could be written as a short wrapper to it.

I think circle_iterate could have much more use than this one place - as I've said before, _everything_ in freeciv uses circles. In particular, vision code could use circlular iteration, allowing watchtower-enhanced vision to remain circular.

jason