Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion

To: Glenn Taylor <glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Grzegorz Borowiak <grzes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michele Slocovich <m.s@xxxxxx>, "'freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:32:03 +0200

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 09:51:01AM -0400, Glenn Taylor wrote:
> Grzegorz Borowiak wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Michele Slocovich wrote:
> >
> > > Idea
> > > scripting language for client side ai implementation
> >
> > My proposals: C, C++.
> >
> > All other are too slow to provide good ai.
>
> That's a pretty broad generalization. What time-critical
> decisions have to be made in FreeCiv that would necessitate
> as-fast-as-possible-AI?

Not time-critical but time-consuming. Suppose you want to solve the
problem CMA tries to address: place the people of a city so that
minimum requirements (of food, shield,...tax) is satisfied and the
remaining resources are divided in a given way (split between food and
science for example). The solution I found if quite complex and even
written in C requires a amount of time (if for a city a solution need
0.5s and you have 30 cities you wait at every start of the turn 15s).

So efficient implementation of solutions of certains problems are
needed. However this methods only form the basic library which can be
used by higher level methods.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx