Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Settler tech patch

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Settler tech patch
From: Jordan Crouse <jordanc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:44:27 -0700

I think that this agrees with what we know about early human
development.

If you choose to believe in evolution (and please don't flame me if you
don't), then you would assume that as human beings developed in
different
areas, they would develop different "initial" skills depending on how
much that tribe relied on hunting, gathering, etc...  You would assume
that a
tribe that evolved on grassland would be more tuned to farming and
irrigation than someone who lived in the mountains.  On the other hand,
one who lived
in the mountains would be more adapt at building permanent shelters.
The differences are not great, but the game should bear this in mind
when the initial advances
are assigned.

Jordan