[Freeciv-Dev] Re: BUG/PATCH: Overproduction problems (PR#670)

To: Joona Kiiski <zamar-fc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: BUG/PATCH: Overproduction problems (PR#670)
From: Nathan Lovell <lovell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:37:47 -0700 (MST)

> That's fine if you think that we should remove all overproduction.
> In my my patch penalty is only half of it.
>
> But if you think that we should not allow any kind of overproduction,
> that's fine for me. Things would anyway be much better than now.
>
> People, opinions about this??
>
> --
> Zamar

My opinion is that half is the way to go... however, there was talk a
while back (regarding possible solutions to ICS) of a related
topic: allowing highly developed cities to produce more than one unit per
turn.  I still like the idea, and although I have no idea how to implement
it, think it would be a nice optional feature.  The idea is that a very
"vertically" developed civ could then produce enough units to defend
themselves against a player with dozens of smaller cities ("horizontally
developed", or ICS).

It seems that this would be best if it were only available if a certain
improvement was made (perhaps factory, or manufacturing plant,
etc).  Maybe each of the above improvements would add one additional
possible unit production per turn.

Any opinions on that?

  Nathan Lovell @ University of Utah
  School of Computing & Department of Chemistry
  Graduation ETA 2001.12