[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] release dates

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] release dates
From: Dirk Stoecker <stoecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 10:47:37 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Jeff Mallatt wrote:

> At 2001/01/05 09:59 , Torben Schulz wrote:
> >i'm sorry, if i annoy you with a faq, but haven't found any information on
> >the freeciv homepage about it...
> >however, here's the question: does anyone knows anything about any release
> >dates of new freeciv versions? when the next update will be release and
> >when version 2.0 will come?
>
> The next version will probably be 1.12.0.  The administrators/writers have
> discussed a schedule, but haven't come to consensus yet.  It should be
> within two months.

I'm currently discussing with Raimar about a way for transfering the text
messages to fix the AI and locale problems. Do you think we will get this
included before the next version, as this change will make the new
server/clients incompatible to older versions?

It would fix:
 - server/client can run different languages
 - AI's get ability to interpret error texts
 - Ability to determine if certain strings (city names, units, ...) are
   translated and which way they are translated.
 - Translation of race name could be qualified (needed for German language
   and others as well).

Ciao
|____| _|_ |____| _|_    _|_ |____| I hope AMIGA never ends to make fun!