Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Network I/O

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Network I/O
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 18:04:19 +0100 (WET DST)

Hello,

Here is a new version of the net-2.1 patch with some minor modifications:

* fixed a bug i introduced in maphand.c on net-2.1.
* a couple of minor code reorganizations.
* increased GAME_MAX_NETWAIT to 20.

For those that don't remember it, this patch contains some of the changes
made by Lauri Tarkkala <ltarkkal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> to make the server not
block as much as it does now (i.e. the tcptimeout & netwait stuff).
It also adds dynamic send buffers so lost packets should go away by using
this.

This patch is smaller than Lauri's latest patch because it doesn't
include the zlib compression of network data and clistat.

If noone finds any major problems with this patch it will be commited in a
couple of days.  I did some testing with 5 AIs on a 200x100 map and found
no problems to note.

The zlib compression should IMHO be included after the next freeciv
release.  It modifies the protocol a bit, and i would like to give players
the chance to debug these changes before adding even more code.

---