Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fanatism patch.

To: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Vincent Dubois <Vincent.Dubois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fanatism patch.
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 02:01:39 +0200

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 12:52:58PM -0500, Tony Stuckey wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 03:28:25PM +0200, Vincent Dubois wrote:
>       When enabling this government in the Civ2 ruleset, all of these
> are needed.  For the FreeCiv ruleset, I propose removing
> G_CONVERT_TITHES_TO_MONEY, and making G_NO_UNHAPPY into doubled martial
> law, as Communism gets.

This would made Fundamentalism completely different government.
(and a little interesting one).

For purposes of preserving both game-balance and civII-compatibility
I propose G_HALF_UNHAPPY (or a percent field).
Or G_DOUBLE_RELIGION_EFFECT (or a percent field).

> > I hope it will note unbalance the game too much. Please note :
> > - Fundamentalism may help already big empire to finish opposent
> >   quickly.

Would be better if it made it possible for little countries to
militarily expand very quickly.