Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] terrain special display in gtk help (was: Re: [Freeciv-Dev

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] terrain special display in gtk help (was: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (no subject)) (PR#369)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 11:24:52 -0700 (PDT)

At 2000/04/25 01:00 , you wrote:

>Updates to my changes to the gtk client's help dialog.
>
>- now can collapse/expand whole tech tree and reset the tree to the
>default layout (2 levels expanded, the rest collapsed)
>- tree no longer contains redundant subtrees. eg if literacy occurs twice
>in the tree, only the first will have child nodes.
>- new expand unknown button, to expand the tech tree everywhere it can,
>except where all child nodes (that is, requisite techs) are known.

Thanks.  I just committed this.

However, I missed the following line:

>- added pixmaps to show terrain tiles (normal and both specials)

and only tested the tech tree stuff.  Turns out that you don't check for
the existance of a special before you decide to display it's tile.
Specials are not guaranteed to exist -- a terrain type may have two, one or
the other, or no specials.  This should be an easy fix.

jjm