Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: OO model for Freeciv?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: OO model for Freeciv?
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 23:06:50 EDT

This is an excellent idea. I have been tempted to try to do just that, but it seemed too daunting for my limited programming knowledge. Now it looks like more people are interested, which is great! If done right, it will certainly make a lot of things easier (flames to /dev/null). At least it will give me a chance to practice more C++ programming.

Mike

From: "Sam BC" <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 20:06:01 +0100

Would the maintianers of Freeciv object to either

1) A CVS branch on their server for a WIP C++ implementation or
2) A project being started elsewhere (eg Sourceforge) to do the same

With sufficient people (like 4-6) and a methodical approach, it would >not be too difficult to keep up with changes, as long as each time >something new appears it is examined, OO analysis made, and necessary >classes and/or methods & properties determined, in short order.

Maybe we could get started?

SamBC