Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] 14->30 players

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] 14->30 players
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 16:22:55 +0200

There seems no reason to limit ourselfes to 16 players (14 +
2 barbarians).
Since we have allready decided that freeciv uses minimum 32 bit int, it
was just a question if changing 2 short bitvectors to int bitvectors
(and an array of reputation strings). Works fine :)
I made the capability string "+30players", as trying to make it backwards
compatible would require an effort many times bigger than the patch
itself.

I know there was a patch to allow 128 players at some time, but I can't
find it. Also, I don't think we should raise it that high, 30 (32) seems
to be the natural limit set by int size.

Thanks to dwp who checked the idex patch into CVS just as I was wondering
why things didn't work (I strongly suspected the problem lay there).
Magically it worked afterwards :).

-Thue