Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: CVS/patch question.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: CVS/patch question.
From: Richard Atkins <rja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 14:19:42 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Daniel Burrows wrote:

>   Two reasons that I know of (there may be more):
>
>   -> Many people don't have CVS write access (to prevent total chaos, I
>     assume :) )
>   -> Patches may not be "ready" to go into CVS.  They may not work at all,
>     whether they're a good idea might be controversial, etc.

Also, some (unfortunate) people (like myself) don't have CVS set up on
their dialup machines, so can't submit them or check them out without
considerable effort.

What happens to patches once they're submitted to the list?
Does someone have to ok them for submission?
When might I get feedback on the two I sent in?

Thanks,
        Richard
--------
       Richard Atkins  rja@xxxxxxxxxxx