Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Trouble with the Mandrake RPM (PR#321)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Trouble with the Mandrake RPM (PR#321)
From: Paradox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 21:15:30 -0800 (PST)

Full_Name: Chaz Brown
Version: 1.10.0
Client: Both (or N/A)
OS: Mandrake 7.0 (CD 2 the fixed one :-) )
Submission from: (NULL) (63.21.141.153)

I installed 1.9.0 (came as an RPM with the OS) I tried to connect to a
server, saw that they were all running 1.10.0, and came here to get the
new version. I d/led it and put it in the same directory I used to install
other downloaded RPMs, and fired up RPMDrake. After refreshing RPM data and
uninstalling 1.9.0 I got 2 entries freeciv (1.9.0) and freeciv-2 (1.10.0)
I clicked on freeciv-2 and hit install, nothing happened. I closed RPMDrake
and opened again, the freeciv-2 entry was back and none of the files were
installed....I can't figure it out. I rebooted and tried everything I could,
but it just refuses to install.