Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Races ruleset - patch

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Races ruleset - patch
From: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:55:27 +0200

David Pfitzner wrote:

> Regarding city names:
[...]
> - Its not even really necesary to send those: I have a patch
> (will send separately) where the names are only kept on the
> server and the client queries the server for names to suggest.
> This would mean less to send at the start, and maybe simpler.

But client may want to show list of proposed names, not only one. Also
maybe at some time there will be an option in client to provide won
textfile with names to use (to save typing during gameplay) - it will be
easier if client will have array of names to choose from. And at last
(possibly most important) - it is a blocking request, which can be very
bad for client logic and suspectible to lags.

Artur