Re: [Freeciv-Dev] More ideas, maybe some AI

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] More ideas, maybe some AI
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:32:19 +0200

Peter 'g00bER' Kosinar wrote:

> Hi Freeciv developers !
>
> Here's what appeared in my mind in the last days and is about Freeciv.

> IDEAS:
>  + = I think I can do that with (probably) no problems.
>  ? = I could do it, if someone will help me with some minor details.
>  * = I could do it, but I would need more help (major details :) .
>  - = I don't dare to do it (at least not now)... :)
>
>  ?,* = I need someone to ask some questions, and I don't want to fill
>        this very good mailing list with stupid questions.
>

>  easier (for implementation) ones:
>  ? Is there any reason for having city names in the server file ? I think
>    no. The clients need the names to suggest the player new city's name.
>    So the data from city.c should be moved into client/ and only the
>    functions from city.c should remain in the common dir.

The earlier this is done, the better. I bet there must have been a patch
already doing this; Maybe it was forgotten because it changed other stuff too.

>  ? the (power)graph from Retire ending of Civ1

There has been preliminary work done for this;
all that is missing is the display of the graph.

>  + comparation with some great leaders (as in Civ1) - like David Pfitzer,
>    Solomon the wise, average Freeciv-developer, average Freeciv-player,
>    or for each nation separately (ex, american - Lincoln, Washington,
>    Roosevelt, Lee, Grant, etc.)

I don't know, it is easy to insult some Nation here.
And writing a global ranking server is really too much work :-)

>  harder ones:
>  ? genders - to distinguish between Queen/King, Mr./Mrs. President, and
>    also to make players know whom they are playing with :)

Some one, I think Massimo mentioned he'd done this.

--
Peter Schäfer - mailto:schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx
Support the Campaign to Save Iridium Telecom -