Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Fantasy Modpack

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Fantasy Modpack
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 16:53:31 +1000

Bobby D. Bryant wrote:

> It would be nice to have the server handle everything with one load, since
> e.g.
> units.ruleset will be nonsense if you don't load the correct techs.ruleset.
>
> It would be nice to provide support for master files that would specify what
> else
> should be loaded, and then just load the master file.  Such a master file
> could
> load a map as well as the necessary rulesets, and perhaps specify some other
> things as well (starting year, game duration, etc.).

You can effectively do some of this this already by providing a
"server commands" file, and then telling people to use
   "civserver -r mymod.serv"
(Eg, see data/civ1.serv)

I guess for convenience "-r" (and "-f"?) should look in the data
path.  And I guess the default data path should also include "."

-- David