Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug...?

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug...?
From: "David J. Meyer" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 19:29:37 -0700 (PDT)

> You are using debian, right?  Have you tried using one of
> the pre-packaged debs for freeciv?  Also look into the debian
> "xaw-wrappers" package.  (Though one problem may be if the deb

I do indeed use debian; however, the last package which I was able to
easily find (well, ok, which I bothered to look for) was for the 1.5.2
version.  I did find a nifty little workaround for my problem however; it
turns out that the runtime linker was what was supplying the shared
libraries that were being used (of course).  In /etc/ld.so.conf, my system
is configured to search /usr/X11R6/lib/Xaw3d before /usr/X11R6/lib (and
thus I was getting the Xaw3d version of the Xaw library at runtime).  In
the "civ" shell script which comes with freeciv, I just put in a little
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib (and then an export, of course).  This
solved the problem, since ld.so searches the path in the environmental
variable before it searches in ld.so.conf.

Thanks a bunch for all your help! :)

Dave