Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Call To Power on Linux !

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Call To Power on Linux !
From: Robert Donn <squirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:48:23 +1300

On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 02:58:24PM -0600, Dustin Reyes wrote:
> Just a quick question/poll....
>
> How many of you plan on purchasing Civ: CTP? If not, is the availability of
> FreeCiv the deciding factor in your decision? Just curious...

I plan on buying all games with explicit out-of-the-box and/or marketed
support for Linux that don't utterly suck or whatever (ie, I will play them
at least twice).

I'll continue to do this until 'all' software publishers are aware that
there are other platforms to target, even if it's only one extra (Linux) -
as this will likely encourage more code portability, and make any /other/
ports a lot easier (and thus more likely).

I think that, then, these games (almost all non-free I assume) will be the
only non-free programs on my system.

--
Robert Donn